I had a conversation recently with an athlete about him having a very bad cold and thus not being able to work out as he should. So I ask him:
– Do you wear a beanie (in accordance with my previous post)?
– No. This winter I barely wore a jacket…
– So, wear a beanie and see my post.
– I haven’t worn a beanie in 36 years, then I’ll just sweat more.
– Then open your jacket if you’re hot, but wear the beanie. Then I don’t need to discuss an cold with you anymore.
– LOL, I think once a winter I’m allowed to have a cold…
And there my words fail me. His answer is not helpful. I give a good scientific reason WHY to wear a beanie and he justifies his behavior with having it done always like this. If you do what you’re always done, you’ll always get what you have gotten. So you will get a cold (like every year). Just remember, there are reasons why people fail (reasons 3, 4 and 6) which go along such behavior.
It’s okay if you don’t want to listen to me, and then bear the consequences, as I will do too. That means, have your cold, feel shitty and miss out on a week of good workouts.
I don’t think wearing a beanie is such a big task, but will prevent you from getting a cold in most cases. If you’re worried more about your hair than your wellbeing and health, then become a hairdresser 🙂